Insight Publisher – Customizing (IMG)
Customization layer (T-Code: /DCM/PUBLISHER_IMG) contains a set of useful tools to allow administrative control and customization options.
Maintain Environment Data
The following Environmental parameters are available:
- General Configuration
- Inactive – deactivate Insight Publisher
- Distribution Methods – check the relevant methods that will be available.
- Job Parameters – create a default for fields and define if they are input field or will be grayed out.
- Background user
- Check the ‘Log Active’ checkbox to create a log.
- Email – Define a default sender as email address or user.
- Input field – customize whether this field will be open for change.
- Signature – Added to the email
- Define max size of a single snapshot and total of all snapshots.
- Define the output device.
Define Job Group
Manage a Job Group and link each report in Insight Publisher to the relevant Job Group (IE: FI, Logistic, IT ext.). It is possible to maintain a separate authorization for each Job Group (Authorization object ‘ZDCM_PBADM’).
- Job group – enter a short name for the group.
- Description – enter a short description of the group.
Blacklisted email-addresses can now be maintained.
This customizing option can be directly accessed via transaction /DCM/PUBLISHER_BLIST.
E-Mails won’t be sent to blacklisted addresses.
You may use the “Valid To” parameters for temporary email blocking.
Business Add-Ins (BAdIs)
BAdI: Distribution Methods
This BAdI allows adding customer logic for distribution methods.
Method DEST_VALIDATE – Validates destination before distribution. e.g. remove forbidden email addresses.
- Delete relevant program logs by entering specific dates and time.
Define Snapshot Keys
- Maintain snapshot logical name, can be set by job group.
By selecting a Snapshot Key and hitting the Where-Use button the following Popup dialog will appear:
A Snapshot may be used both by an Insight Publisher Job (to populate it) and by Insight Creator Variant (retrieve the data).
- Delete relevant snapshot by entering specific parameters.
Many business entity types are available out-of-the-box.
However, new (customer) business entity types can be added quite easily.
Definition of new business entity type consists of two steps:
Define Business Entities Types
The following screen appears:
Define Business Entity Types – Customizing of new entity type: Code, description and reference field.
BAdI: Business Entity
The following screen appears:
Implementation of BAdI definition /DCM/BUSINESS_ENTITY (either manually or via wizard in Define Business Entity Types) – New implementation should be created for each business entity type (Filter = Business entity type).
The implementation consists of 3 simple methods:
EXIST_CHECK – Validate business object value (e.g. Check if SAP User exists).
COMM_ID_GET – Retrieval of communication address of business object. Used for both email and SMS mobile number (e.g. Get email address of SAP user)
TEXT_GET – Get name/description of business object (e.g. Select name of SAP user)
Example class /DCM/CL_BADI_BUS_ENT_SAPUSER can be used as reference.
Business entity types can also be used for internal assignment of responsible persons of business area, even in case no standard assignment is available. e.g. Contact persons according to purchasing organization.
© Copyright 2021 D-PRO Innovation Ltd. All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or for any purpose without
the express permission of D-PRO Innovation Ltd. The information contained herein may be changed without prior notice.
SAP® is the registered trademark of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries.
D-PRO Innovation Ltd. is not affiliated or related to any division or subsidiary of SAP AG.